How To Keep Your Motivation When Losing Weight!
Listen to this Podcast
Stream this episode
Get this episode
Most people struggle to maintain the motivation it takes to lose weight.
Losing Weight can be very hard.
The truth is, the only thing that will get the extra weight off and keep it off is your ability to be consistent.
Weight Loss is about being consistent with the small things like your diet, ability to prioritize your sleep and your workouts.
- The most significant barrier that prevents people from being consistent is their ability to stay motivated.
- Most people think motivation is something that they are blessed with.
- The truth is being motivated is a decision.
- If you can keep your motivation, you will prioritize adequately.
- If you can prioritize adequately, you will create momentum for yourself.
- If you can create momentum, you will accomplish our goal.
Everyone goes through stages of having and not having motivation.
ITS CALLED THE CYCLE OF NO MOMENTUM:
It has 4 Stages.
Stage 1: You Get Fed Up
This is the stage where you are tired of feeling the way you feel or looking the way you look.
Stage 2: You Take Action
You are deciding to do something about this…
YES… GO YOU!
Stage 3: You Lose Steam
This is the stage where life happens. A child gets sick, a project at work is due, or you just lose connection to why you started in the first place.
Stage 4: Back At Square One
This is where the cycle, unfortunately, repeats itself.
To break this cycle of no momentum, we need to prioritize three simple steps.
Step 1: Pick A Fight
- (This is the easiest one to do) – In fact, most people do this very well.
- Your fight is your goal.
- Your fight is what you want.
- You need to be able to see yourself accomplishing it.
- The fight you choose has to motivate you, and it needs to be very clear.
Step 2: Get Anchored To Your Fight Daily
- This is the hardest one to do
- Most people don’t do this very well.
- Every day first thing in the morning you need to get anchored to your fight.
- This means writing it out, reading it and connecting to the things you need to do today to move closer to winning your fight.
- You have to avoid OPN (Other Peoples Noise)
- Use the first 15 minutes of your day to connect to your fight.
Step 3: Schedule Your Three Keys
- This is the second hardest thing to do
- Most people don’t do this well because they do not do step two well.
- You will not win your fight unless you win your day.
- You will not win your day unless you plan to do so.
Every day you should have three things that you prioritize in your schedule that will move you closer to winning your fight.
When it comes to losing weight, your three keys should be the following.
1. What you eat:
- Do you know when and what you are going to eat today?
- Most importantly do you know WHY you are eating it?
- Every day you need to move for 1 hour.
- When are you going to do that today?
- What are you going to do?
- Why are you going to do it?
3. Prioritize You’re Sleep:
- You do not make progress without focusing on your recovery.
- Do you have a pre-sleep routine?
- What time will you go to bed?
- What time will you wind down at night?
- What time will you get up?
If you find yourself struggling with motivation realize this.
- You have not lost motivation.
- You have lost perspective.
- You have lost connection to why you are putting in the work.
For the next seven days. I want you to use the three steps I outlined above to break through your sticking point.
I guarantee you that if you do the three steps I outlined above, you will start influencing the change you want to see in yourself.
- Losing weight is not magic.
- It’s not about a new pill.
- A new exercise program.
- Or a new diet.
It’s about picking a fight, staying anchored to it and working on it each day.
If you are not sure where to start or what to do, call us at 954-314-3214 so we can help.
Have a great week!